[RESOLVED] Re : Logitech Extreme 3d Pro - No Throttle ??

Whatever issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application

johnman
Posts: 15
Joined: Monday Jun 24, 2013 12:55 am

Hello Prepar3D Guru'south ,

Just downloaded Our Program - Got it installed and upwardly and running - even transferred a few of My Old Puddle Jumpers over from FSX !! Then far I am Grinnin from Ear to Ear about Graphics and Performance and I am even getting comfy Grappling with the new UI . I recollect We Have a Keeper !! :P

Upwardly to Now 1 pocket-sized glitch - I Fly with a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick ! All the Buttons Knobs Handles and Axes Work as they are supposed to - With i minor exception - No Throttle ?? :(

I take fiddled with all the sensitivities - Null Points ect - I have done the CNTL Caps Lock start up several different times - I have even downlosded the latest drivers ( Supposedly ?? ) - Nonetheless NO throttle ?? :o

When I become into the Control settings and Calibrate the Joystick - Every affair Works - Including the Throttle . :?

Currently I am using the F1 - F4 Keys or the Numpad iii 0r 9 Keys .

This is not a deal Breaker with Me - only I would very much savor getting Full Employ of My Favorite Joy Stick . 8-)

I Humbly look Before the Fountain of Knowlege ?? :|

Johnman :o

BobbyHipperson
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:53 am

Post by BobbyHipperson »

In the "Axis" tab, make sure it is axis 7, then in the "scale" tab....prepare the throttle sliders like I have in this screenshot:

johnman
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:55 am

Mail by johnman »

Howdy Again,

Alex - Cheers for the reply I did fiddled with it for a while - and I am certain it would piece of work - but I recall I'll hang on to the $xxx bucks for now .

Undergraduate student - also Thanks for the Respond - when I check My throttle axes - it is set up at Z - what is the process for setting information technology to 7 ??

Again Thanks for Replying - there has got to be a simple solution - However I all the same savour using the plan !!

Johnman

BobbyHipperson
Posts: 134
Joined: Midweek Aug 22, 2012 12:53 am

Postal service past BobbyHipperson »

Your throttle axis is showing default Z axis, which is wrong for your joystick. It need to be centrality 7. Get into settings/controls/centrality. Highlight the throttle line, and so hit the change assignment push. A popup box volition appear. Then just motility your throttle on the joystick and axis 7 will appear in the little box. Hit ok...then ok again on settings box and yous'll have the throttle assigned for your joystick. Brand certain you prepare the throttle axis but as I showed in the caalibrate tab in my previous mail otherwise you will have bereft throttle range (the throttle volition not go to total power) Here is a screen shot on how to alter from z centrality to axis 7

Bobby

johnman
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:55 am

Mail service by johnman »

Hello Bobby,

Adept News - Bad News ! Yes setting the throttle Axes to 7 does let the simm actuate the throttle - Nonetheless - the side effects are Catastrophic!! the throttle operates from about 1/two to virtually iii/iv - none of the controls will heart - and they are actually erratic - and the calibration settings do non significantly change that!

I could not gear up the throttle back to Z - so I simply left it bare - and the controls piece of work normally and the throttle is back on the buttons !

Also some thing else that I noticed was - The Rudder is ready to Axes 6 - and volition not change - Shouldn't this Axes Z ??

Dorsum to patched up but yet flying !!

Johnman

BobbyHipperson
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:53 am

Post by BobbyHipperson »

First off....are you using the Logitech stick managing director software? If then....uninstall information technology and just let the sim command the stick. That Logitech software is junk...imho. Just let Windows install the generic driver.

Adjacent...just unplug the stick, reboot your automobile to clear out any residuals, plug in the stick and let windows install the generic driver. And so bring up the stick backdrop from the device manager and test it.

For your stick, the twistie rudder is axis six and then that is fine. That catastophic throttle operation is the setting I described in my last postal service. Setting the sliders to the setting I posted will fix that.

johnman
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:55 am

Post past johnman »

Hey Bobby,

BINGO !! Out with the JUNK - and in with the Onetime Reliable Windows Generic Comes with the Figurer Driver !

THANKS - I'm Grinnin from Ear to Ear !!

This was never a problem with Fsx or Fs9 ??

Johnman

johnman
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:55 am

Post by johnman »

Hey Bobby,

OOPS I hit the button Twice !

Johnman